CULTURE RECRUITMENT Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal information about you which is
collected, handled and processed by CULTURE RECRUITMENT Limited, of Colmore Gate,2-6
Colmore Row, Birmingham, B3 2QD. We acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours
that we handle will be processed in accordance with all applicable data protection laws in force
from time to time. Currently, the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”). All the personal
data we have is stored on our database in the EU.
The information about you we may collect, hold and process is set out below:
(A) Information collected and processed for finding you a suitable role is as follows:
• Your name
• Your address
• Your email addresses
• Your telephone numbers
• CV/work history
• Job preferences including role, geographical areas and salary
• Any other work-related information you provide, for example, education or training
(B) Information in respect to individuals that have worked for us previously or may work for us is
• Passport/Proof of ID
• In some cases, permits and visas
• National insurance number/UTR
• Full details of job offer and placement
• Outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance for certain roles
• In certain cases, medical information
• Financial information (including but not limited to payroll details and terms, HMRC data,
pension scheme details, court orders and statutory payments)
• A log of our communications with you by email and telephone
How we use the information
This information will have been provided, or will be provided, by you or a third party who we
work with, such as a Job Board Company or another employment business or agency. In the case
of references, these will be from your previous employer. Medical information may be supplied
by a third party such as your GP, Consultant or Occupational Health. The outcome of criminal
record checks and security clearance checks, where relevant, will be supplied by the Disclosure
and Barring Service or other external company applicable to the placement.
The above information is used to provide our services to you in our capacity as an employment
business / agency to find you suitable work whether on a temporary or permanent basis based on
your requirements as set out below.
The information under A above may be used as follows:
• To match your skill sets with job vacancies to assist in finding you the positions that most
• To put forward your details to our clients and prospective employers for you to be
considered for vacancies
• To place you with our clients and prospective employers
• To keep you informed of available opportunities as they arise
• To keep you informed of the services offered by us
The information under B above may be used as follows:
• To establish that you have the right to work
• To undertake relevant security and criminal record checks as required by our clients and
prospective employers and as permitted by law
• To deal with any medical and health and safety issues relating to certain positions
• To put in place contractual arrangements and documentation once a role has been
• To pay you if placed
• How we hold the information
Disclosure of your information
Your CV and related information will be shared or sent to prospective employers and our clients.
Once you have secured a placement additional information will be provided to them to enable
the placement to proceed. Such employers and clients will usually be located inside the European
Economic Area (EEA) but may be outside of the EEA. Personal data shall not be transferred to a
country or territory outside the EEA unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of
protection or the appropriate safeguards are in place for your rights and freedoms. Before such a
transfer takes place outside of the EEA, we will provide you with further information concerning
Other trusted third parties that we may share your data with are as follows: HM Revenue and
Customs, pension scheme providers, legal advisors and other companies for the purpose of
undertaking pre-engagement checks for the role or for paying you.
What is the legal basis for processing the information?
• We will rely on your verbal consent to process the information which is collected at the
outset of the recruitment process.
• Information and documentation to establish your right to work is processed by us as we
are legally obliged to do so.
• In respect of medical information, the basis for us processing this will depend on the
circumstances but will usually be for one of the following reasons: it is necessary to
protect health and safety or to prevent discrimination on the grounds of disability or
where consent has been obtained, if required.
• Information in relation to criminal record checks, which are relevant for some roles, will
be processed on the basis that it is necessary for us to comply with the law or consent
will be obtained, if required.
• Once a position has been found for you, we will process your personal data, including
financial information, for the purpose of you entering into a contract to fulfil your role
and to enable us to pay you, depending on the specific contractual arrangements and
• For the purposes of paying you, where relevant, we are legally obliged to provide
information to HMRC.
• Once a placement has been secured, we may also process your data on the basis of our
legitimate interests i.e. for administrative purposes.
You currently have the right at any time to ask for a copy of the information about you that we
hold. Under GDPR, we will not charge a fee for this. If you would like to make a request for
information, please email email@example.com. In addition to this right of access, you
will also have the following rights: erasure and restriction of processing
Retention of your data
Your data will be retained for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with our GDPR
Withdrawal of consent
If you have provided us with your verbal consent to process your data, for the purpose of using
our services and us finding you suitable work, you have the right to withdraw this at any time. In
order to do so you should contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should
raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to Information Commissioners Office at
Join the Culture revolution Join the Culture revolution
We’re always on the look out for special talent. For people who get the real world. For people who have been at the sharp end and can add real value to others. But also, people who know when to take things less seriously and aren’t afraid to laugh at themselves.
Fancy being part of the cultural revolution? Let’s chat. This could be the start of something amazing for both of us.Contact