Product Manager – Based Banbury ** 3 days p/week min post covid ** – £35-£40,000 + a brilliant benefit scheme + bonus – Leading Brand
Key Areas of Responsibility
Work with the wider team in the day-to-day management of the b2b product offering. This is a varied role that encompasses all elements of product management and marketing.
Purpose of the Role
To manage the selected product ranges and ensure that the professional product and marketing plans are implemented in an efficient manner, in line with overall department and company strategy.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Take overall responsibility for the success of the selected product categories.
- Create and deliver 1, 3 & 5 year product category plans – including market analysis, range planning, price and promotion parameters, and KSP’s and segmentation / targeting.
- Analyse the sales performance of the selected product categories using data such as Sales-in, EPOS, ATV & margin to make product, promotion and marketing recommendations.
- Propose and implement market research projects.
- Deliver monthly category performance reports to senior and line management, highlighting key issues and improvement recommendations.
- Develop and implement the launch strategy for new products and product categories.
- Build a close working relationship with Marketing Communications and wider marketing team, as well as sales teams to deliver product strategy and messaging.
- Be the product champion for UK business, keeping close relationships with all required stakeholders within Head Office.
- Manage relationships with key counterparts to help them understand the UK market and in return receive timely information.
- Manage all Product information for use in the UK, including but not limited to:
- Requesting certification, images and instructions as required, and maintaining this centrally for future reference.
- Provide thinking and reasoning for the request of special pricing for promotional activities.
- Sign-off of UK specific product packaging.
- Liaise with the Customer service team in the UK and Product Management in Germany to resolve product issues and complaints.
- Creation of presentations; product training (in conjunction with the Training Specialist); and development of product information
- Become the knowledge leader of competitor information and activity (for the selected product range), carrying out both desk and in-market research.
- Be a lead in the development and creation of all product copy and content for use on Internal and external account materials.
- Help drive sales and profitability of new and existing products through marketing, sales training, stock profiling, pricing and other product management activity.
- Work with marketing colleagues to produce marketing and sales literature.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the line manager