Product Manager – £42 – £47,000 DOE – Gloucestershire (office 2/3 days p/week post covid)
Brilliant opportunity for an experienced B2B Product Manager to join an Industry leader in their space, with over 200+ people in the business and part of a global group this is a great opportunity to be part of a great team and great culture.
End to end product management skills will be required including NPD experience.
As Product Manager you will be responsible for increasing the profitability of existing products and developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on research and contact with customers, prospects and internal stakeholders.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You will work with development to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, working with the sales channel and key customers. You must be willing to travel to customer and non-customer sites, this may require overseas travel.
- Develop and maintain a Product Vision for your products and ensure this is communicated and understood by the business.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap and manage the product throughout its lifecycle from concept to end-of-life
- Write and maintain business cases and gain internal approval
- Identify and manage product requirements, including feedback from sales and customers
- Work with internal stakeholders and third parties to assess and establish partnerships
- Be the recognised expert in the business on your product, the market, relevant technology and the competition
- Evangelise your products internally and externally
- Develop core positioning and messaging for the product and work with the marketing team to build and deliver a product marketing plan for existing products and new product launches.
- Perform product demos to customers and develop relationships in key clients
- Monitor, report and improve product performance
- Run field testing programs
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition to sales and marketing teams, providing sales tools, briefings, updates and training
- Represent the voice of the customer internally
- Future gaze – look for new and future trends in the market to ensure your product is the market leader and to identify new opportunities
- Lead the virtual product team to ensure delivery of agreed objectives
- Support the project manager to deliver the cross-functional implementation plan
Experience of Mechanical products or digital apps and portals beneficial though not essential
Three years minimum experience as a product manager.
Managing multiple projects and working to tight deadlines
Working in a fast paced, expanding company
Ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits
Excellent teamwork skills
Proven ability to motivate and drive cross-functional teams without formal authority
Attention to detail