Job Title: Heating and Plumbing Engineer Location: Birmingham Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 per year + Van+ Bonus
My client is looking to recruit a Heating and Plumbing Engineer due to expansion and demand from a loyal and growing customer base, these are exciting times for the business and we are looking for someone who is customer focused and willing to grow with the company.
A qualified and highly skilled Gas/Heating and Plumbing Engineer is required to join the CALLGAS team overseeing the maintenance and upkeep of the customers residential and commercial buildings.
The successful candidate will have experience in the Installation, Repair, Servicing, Maintenance, Testing and Monitoring of plumbing, heating and gas systems, pipes and fixtures not limited to water distribution, waste systems, domestic central heating system, boilers, radiators, hot water cylinders and controls.
You will be required to work across different residential and commercial dwellings and the role will involve carrying out planned preventative maintenance and as well as covering out of hours emergencies.
We are looking for a competent Heating and Plumbing Engineer who is qualified and experienced working with boilers, heating systems for residential and project work.
The right candidate will be responsible for carrying out a range of heating and plumbing tasks working with water and gas at residential and commercial dwellings.
It is very important for the candidate to have a good work ethic, morals and provide a high standard of customer service to our customers. It is important to ensure good quality customer experience on every job.
There is the possibility for career progression within the company to take on a management role to develop and take on more responsibilities within CALLGAS once experience and competence allows.
A van will be supplied with fuel card for business use only.
Uniform will be provided to be worn during work hours.
Fit for purpose tools to be provided by applicants.
This role will include a variety of tasks including the following.
The successful applicant will be required to carry out the following duties:
- Install, Repair, Service, Maintain, Test and Monitor plumbing, heating and gas systems, pipes and fixtures not limited to water distribution, waste systems, domestic central heating system, boilers, radiators, hot water cylinders and controls.
- Read drawings and specifications to determine the layout of systems including water supply networks, waste drainage systems as well as gas supplies, heating pipework and all or any equipment used on these systems.
- Plan, install and in the future maintain and service these systems, fixtures, equipment and controls.
- Assist the maintenance team generally with installation, planned preventative maintenance and reactive maintenance.
- Work in conjunction with other trades personnel and other team members to ensure that all specification, legislation and policies are met to ensure efficient completion of projects that meet all legislation, standards, codes of practice and safety.
- Work alone using their own initiative and knowledge base and have good problem-solving skills especially boiler breakdowns.
- Understand drawings to determine exact specifications and where plumbing, heating, gas systems should be installed
- Determine water systems types and water drainage systems.
- Determine boiler system types and heating plan systems.
- Collaborate and coordinate with maintenance team as required.
- Select all materials needed for installation and maintenance including type and size of pipes.
- Be available for out of hours emergency call outs, if required
- Be competent working on gas appliances.
- Experience with bathroom refurbishments
- Be competent with boiler breakdowns and fault finding.
- Boiler service and Gas Safety inspection
- Qualified and experienced to work on unvented system breakdowns and installation.
- Qualified and experienced to work on underfloor heating breakdown and installation.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all assigned work orders.
- Comply fully with Health, Safety & Environmental policies.
- Always provide excellent customer service.
- NVQ Diploma (Levels 2) in Plumbing and Domestic heating
- Gas Qualification you need to have held ACS accreditations in all the following relevant areas and be registered on the Gas Safe Register
- Core Domestic Gas Safety (CCN1)
- Combustion Performance Analysis (CPA1)
- Domestic Gas Central Heating, Boilers and Water Heater (CENWAT)
- Domestic Gas Cookers (CKR1)
- Domestic Gas fires and Wall Heaters (HTR1)
- Required to have more than 3yrs experience working on Gas Appliances and Carrying out all types of Plumbing Work.
- BPEC (WWUHI) Warm Water Underfloor Heating Installer – (preferred but not essential)
- BPEC (UHW10) Vented and Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems (The requirement G3) – preferred but not essential)
- Driving license
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to deal with customer complaints.
- Empathetic to customer needs.
- Must have the emotional stamina to be “at your best” with each client.
- Hard working and proactive.
- Ability to work as a team but also be left to their own devices.
- Competence with computer apps g., CRM system PIPEDRIVE
Number of hours worked per week: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week with the option of overtime.
Number of days holiday per year: 28 days