Job Title: Graduate Commercial Finance Analyst
Location: Telford but with flexibility of remote working
Salary: £22,000 – £25,000 depending on benefits package
A global leader in technology consulting and digital transformation based in Telford is recruiting a Graduate Commercial Finance Analyst to join their company on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to join a business that is organically growing despite the difficult economic climate. The role will give the successful candidate excellent exposure to the workings of a commercial finance function whilst supporting them in their chartered accountancy qualifications.
The role will involve working on a variety of projects and tasks within the commercial finance function and wider business to support decision making. You will gather, break-down and simplify data and learn about the business using a variety of tools. Your conclusions will help to drive the business forward and add new insights to a complex organisation.
Experience and attributes required:
- Have completed, or be on course to complete, a STEM (Science/Technology/ Engineering/Mathematics) degree
- Alternatively, you will be a graduate in another subject but be able to demonstrate you have a natural mathematical ability and are IT literate with the ability to pick up new software intuitively
- Have gained (or likely to gain) an upper second class degree or above and have strong A-Level results
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and be prepared to rapidly enhance your skill-set to become an advanced user
- Display strong analytical and problem solving skills whilst having a high attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be someone who thrives under pressure and who can work to tight deadlines
Skills not necessary but highly desirable:
- Experience of programming, big data, data science or modelling
- SQL or Power Query
This is a great opportunity for somebody with a strong mathematical or programming background to put their analytical skills to good use in an exciting commercially focussed business environment.